An up-to-date website typically includes staff photos, regardless of your industry. While staff photos may seem like a straightforward task, they play a huge role in ensuring your company puts its best foot forward. Below are some tips and tricks that will help you make a great impression:
- Keep it simple: Intricate photos can be exciting, but you won’t be appearing in Vogue. Keep your images nice and professional, and be sure they reflect your firm and corporate culture.
- Streamline backgrounds: You need the flexibility to add and adjust images without bringing in lighting equipment and backgrounds every time you update your photo roster. Make sure the setup gets you the shot you’re looking for without the hassle of bringing in all that extra equipment (and it will likely save you a lot of money).
- Keep it consistent: Take each photo in a similar manner. It’s fine to use different poses and colors for different employees, but make sure they share a similar theme.
- Use suitable lighting: I can’t tell you how many times I have seen staff photos that are incredibly dark, defeating the purpose of having photos in the first place. Bright, soft lights create nice well-lit portraits.
- Know your target market: We all like to flex our creative muscles every now and then, but make sure you appeal to your target audience in all of your marketing initiatives — from pictures to copy.
Does your website include employee photos? Is it true that a picture is worth 1,000 words? Let us know in the comments below.